Monday, December 12, 2005

Well, You Can't Eat Him...

Here's an interesting gift idea. I'm not sure what a Vaishnava is supposed to do with a dozen 2.5 inch dark chocolate Nathajis. I suppose you could eat the white chocolate ones if you wanted. Do you start with His lotus feet, or His head? Maybe you should just nibble around the outside of His transcendental body... Maybe He's better kept in a refrigerated display case?

In related weirdness, Tom Waits has a fantastic song called "Chocolate Jesus" on his album Mule Variations. It goes a little something like this...
Don’t go to church on sunday
Don’t get on my knees to pray
Don’t memorize the books of the bible
I got my own special way
But I know jesus loves me
Maybe just a little bit more

I fall on my knees every sunday
At zerelda lee’s candy store
Thanks to Bhaktin Jenn for the link.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No chocolate Jesus here, just his heart

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home