Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Survey Says...

Not enough "me".

If I've learned anything so far in the 'sphere, it's that a little bit of the "personal" touch goes a long way, and I am almost totally absent from this blog so far. What do I like in other Krishna conscious blogs? A little personality. Anything that gives me the impression that "this is a devotee I would like to know".

Here's a couple excerpts from my favorites. First, from Visnu-Maya Waxes Lyrical:
It is fortunate that devotees serve out of love and are satisfied with a dishing of halava at the end of the day as payment. Unless you are vegan of course, then well, you contemplate on compromising just this once, but decide against it, because you’re too fanatical.
And second, from Eric Tries To Sit Properly:
To be honest, at first I wasn't very into it. About half of it is Jiva Goswami proving through other scriptures that Srimad Bhagavatam is higher than the Vedas and is the highest purana. It was some great reading, but a little dry and I have a hard time reading things that I can't put into practice or practically relate to. It's my own shortcoming. I've never been in the situation where anyone has argued that the Bhagavatam isn't the highest. But then, I'm a white boy living in Pennsylvania
(Also, check out this hilarious hand-knitted-Hare-Krishna-zombie-doll. Yeah, that's right. I have no idea.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home