Friday, January 27, 2006

Rare Footage of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur!?

A devotee friend sent this my way. Apparently it is "rare footage" of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur speaking. I suppose it's entirely possible that it is "legit". Does anyone know for sure? I'm not quite sure why I doubt its authenticity. The establishing shots make me a little suspicious though... sure, that looks like the front gate to the Yoga Pitha, and those sure look like the deities on the center altar, that temple spire could be from just about any temple in Mayapur, though. Isn't this the Yoga Pitha temple? Curious.

3 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Here's the article on Chakra.

2:20 PM  
Blogger e said...

As the above article explains... not Yoga Pitha... Caitanya Math (also in Mayapur).

8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's faked. One disciple of Sachinandan Maharaja who is expert in cinematography made a short video exposing it. If you google around you can probably find it. Sorry, I don't have any more information. His arguments against it seemed very conclusive.

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home