Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Bhaimi Ekadasi & Appearance of Lord Varaha (Tomorrow)


I received a comment last night that has me thinking about book distribution again. It reminded me of a funny story...

Last fall, by Krishna's mercy, I was in Vrindavana for Kartik. I spent most of the month staying at the Bhaktivendanta Ashram at Govardhana. One morning I left for Govardhana parikrama just after mangala arati with a couple devotees - Vedavyasa and Vaisesika Prabhus.

Vaisesika is a couple feet taller than I am, and at least a foot taller than Vedavyasa. He is also very fit, physically and spiritually. While at Govardhana he went on parikrama every day for almost the entire month. Most of the morning Vaedavyasa and I were practically running to keep up with his normal walking pace. After the sun had come up and the air was finally starting to warm up a little bit we were making our way through the market at Dhana Gati, after completing the Govinda Kunda half of the parikrama.

I suppose Vedavyasa and I were a bit giddy, or at least in a lighthearted mood at this point. Vedavyasa Prabhu also has more than a touch of the avadhuta in him. As we sped through the market we passed one Vrajavasi begging alms. As we passed Vedavyasa enthusiastically called out to him, in his unmistakable French-Canadian accent "If you get money, print books!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home